The Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (IRLE) is a multidisciplinary research center dedicated to research, teaching, and service on labor and employment issues. Through the work of its units – Labor Studies, UCLA Labor Center, Labor Occupational Safety and Health program, and Human Resources Roundtable – the Institute forms wide-ranging research agendas that carry UCLA into the Los Angeles community and beyond.
- ‘Health and Safety Are at Risk’: Only 1 California Safety Inspector Is Bilingual in Chinese or Vietnamese, KQED, November 21, 2022
- Young People Are Feeding the Effort to Unionize Food Service Workers, Civil Eats, November 21, 2022
- Coffee, Books & School: Here’s what you need to know about workers striking across the US, Reckon, November 18, 2022
- Support for labor unions highest in 55 years, California School Employees Association, December 30, 2021
- Garment Workers Organize to End Wage Theft, Yes! Magazine, December 28, 2021
- Amazon settles with NLRB to give workers power to organize, AP News, December 23, 2021